Lost & Found Policy
Guidelines in the Implementation of "Lost & Found Policy for Hotel Establishment":
• All items found are endorsed and logged in the "Lost & Found" section of the Housekeeping Department and kept available for police inspection at anytime.
• Items such as air tickets, cheques, credit card & passports should be handed over to the Front Office Manager or the Duty Manager immediately after it has been logged for records.A guest or visitor enquiring about the lost item should provide proper identification before the item is returned.
• All found items are to be labeled and kept in sealed envelopes and will be kept in storage for 3 months. After 3 months, all unclaimed lost & found items whether valuable or non-valuable will be returned to the nearest police station.
• Incase a guest or visitor enquires about a lost item which has been handed over to the Police, the hotel will contact the concerned police station and refer to the police receipt regarding the item if it still claimable or if it has already been auctioned for charity.
• In Accordance with the Federal Penalties Law, the found items are considered as lost money & the ownership of which may not be transferred to others, and if unclaimed, should not be given to the Ender as it is considered a crime.